This infographic shows the following:
- Habitat for Humanity has constructed more than 17,000 homes in Florida.
- Habitat Homeowners in Florida pay $12 million in annual real estate taxes.
- Habitat ReStores, our retail operations, contribute more than $3 million in annual sales tax on the merchandise that we sell.
- The Average Habitat Homeowner in Florida saves 60% monthly on their housing costs compared to renting, which represents a $10 million+ savings for all 17,000 homes.
- Habitat for Humanity - in addition to volunteers - engages an average of 900 subcontractors annually, representing payments to those subcontractors of $30 million.
- Total cost of construction is an average of $164,000 per home in Florida.
- Habitat builds an average of 625 new homes annually.
- Habitat repairs an average of 700 homes annually.
All of these activities add up to an average of $315 million PLUS in economic activity each year to the State of Florida.